At Linka Howe Law Offices, our legal professionals offer a broad range of services. Click on the links below to explore our offerings.
Criminal Law encompasses enforcement of the Criminal Code and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. There are hundreds of separate offences. In Saskatchewan, the most common are impaired driving, assaults, thefts, and controlled substance offences. In addition, Young Offenders offences typically involve property damage. A criminal conviction may affect your ability to travel and future employment options.
At Linka Howe Peterson Law Offices, our lawyers are adept at navigating the criminal law system and at presenting our clients in their best possible light under the circumstances. This is especially critical during sentencing. A Criminal Court Judge will consider the following in determining the appropriate sentence:
- The type and seriousness of the offence
- The circumstances surrounding the offence
- How the crime was carried out
- The amount of planning or deliberation involved
- Whether force, threats or weapons were used in the commission of the offence
- The offender’s previous criminal record, if any
- The offender’s circumstances including age, family history, substance abuse problems, addiction issues, education and employment history and the offender’s attitude regarding the offence and proceedings.
Our lawyers will review this information with you in order to determine the best course of action in proceeding with your case. Our goal is to secure the best possible outcome for you.